Clicking on ‘SMS’ on the navigation menu will present you with different options regarding sending SMS, viewing messages, managing your connections and SMS templates through the Wireless Logic SMS platform.
Using the SMS platform is restricted to those users who have been granted the SMS role within SIMPro and are assigned a primary billing account. This primary billing account is used to calculate the charges for the SMS usage you incur.
If you do not have access to the SMS platform or would like to discuss your SMS tariff, please contact your Account Manager who will be able to discuss this further.
Click on ‘Send SMS’, this will show you the interface where you can send SMS.
To send an SMS please follow these steps:
Please Note: The SMS service is international and requires all recipients to be entered in an international format starting with the correct international code. This code must exclude beginning with ‘00’ or a ‘+’
- In the ‘Message Details’ box you can choose which ‘Send From’ (inbox) you want to use. If you have multiple inboxes you will see a list of these. If you only have one inbox you will just have the default ‘Inbox’ option.
- In the ‘Recipients Details’ box you are able to enter a MSISDN, label you have associated with a MSISDN or a group you have setup. If you start typing into the ‘Recipient’ box you will see any available devices or groups based on what you have typed.
- Select either a message template or enter text in message box.
- Press ‘Send SMS’
- To see the live status of the SMS, click on the link in blue at the bottom of the page.
Live Message Status
The status will refresh every 10 seconds and provide an update:
- Sent – this is the first possible status. It means SIMPro has received the request and sent it on via our SMS provider.
- Pending – the provider has the message and its now pending. This means it is waiting delivery.
- Delivered – the message was delivered and has been received by the recipient.
- Expired – The SMS validity period varies per network and if the SMS remains undelivered it will eventually expire on the network.
Besides the described methods, if you know the connection you wish to SMS, you can simply begin typing the number/group name in. Alternatively, there are three methods available to add recipients to send an SMS to:
- SIMPro SIMs – this displays your existing connections, you can find the required numbers by searching within the results and ticking the selection to confirm.
- Imported/Saved numbers – SMS can be sent to connections outside of the existing SIMPro base. Enter the MSISDN for the connection and press add, this will remember the details going forward in the ‘imported/saved numbers’ tab
- Groups – can be created for sets of connections, if searching a number, it can either be added to an existing group or if needed a new group can be created.
Press ‘Add’ to confirm the connections into the Recipient’s box. The total amount of recipients will be displayed under the results.
To remove a connection/group from the Recipients box, press the black cross next to the line of data.
When you add more than one device to the ‘Recipient’ list you then have the option to add the devices to an existing group. Alternatively, you can create a new group from the list of devices in the ‘Recipient’ list.
Clicking the ‘Save as Device Group’ or ‘Add to Device Group’ buttons will present you with a popup that will allow you to do this.
Clicking on ‘Inbox / Sent Messages’ on the ‘SMS’ menu will show you all the messages you have sent and received and the status of any of the messages.
On the Inbox tab, it will detail the ‘sent from’ number, content of the message, status and a time stamp of when the message was received.
To view the sent items, change the tab to ‘Sent Messages’. This will show where the SMS has been sent from, the user who requested to send the SMS, the destination number, Billing account to be billed, message content, status of the delivery, if it was requested via API and the time and date stamp. All previous sent messages will be stored and can be found using the ‘search’ box.
To view a conversation between the sent and received SMS, click on ‘Conversations’. This will show a time stamped conversation view.
Help on SMS status’ can be found on the ‘SMS Status Description’ section.
Clicking on ‘Manage Numbers’ on the ‘SMS’ menu will show you the manage numbers interface. It will list all previous numbers which have been imported outside of the SIMPro base.
It is possible to delete any imported numbers which are no longer required, by selecting the line of data and pressing ‘Delete’.
There are two methods available to add new numbers into SIMPro.
Firstly either choose the existing group that you are adding the numbers to, from the drop down ‘Add to an Existing Group’ or secondly, create a new group by typing the new group name in the ‘Add to a New Group’ box.
Please Note: The SMS service is international and requires all recipients to be entered in an international format starting with the correct international code. This code must exclude beginning with ‘00’ or a ‘+
If you have a list of the numbers to add, these can be copied into the paste area and then click ‘Import’.
Alternatively, if you have a .csv file, these can be imported by clicking on the ‘Import New Numbers’ tab, and selecting the file and clicking ‘Import’.
Select ‘Manage Groups’ from the drop down list, within the SMS menu in the navigation bar, to show the current groups.
All current groups will be listed, along with the total amount of connections included, broken down to those within SIMPro and those ‘imported/saved numbers’. To edit the group name or connections within the group, click on the hyperlink. This will then allow you to edit the name of the group and connections. To remove connections, select the line of data and click ‘delete selected numbers’.
To create a new group, enter the group name and press ‘create’. Then add and remove connections as needed.
Clicking on ‘Message Templates’ on the ‘SMS’ menu will show you a list of all your message templates and allow you to create, update and delete them.
To add a new message template, click on the ‘Create a New Message Template’ button. This will load an empty template message for you to create and save. Complete the ‘Template Name’ box and fill in the ‘message’ box with the required content. Click ‘Save’. This will now appear as a template when sending an SMS.
To edit a template name and content, click on the hyperlink of the template name. This will allow you to make changes to both fields. Click ‘Save’.
To delete a message template, click the ‘Delete’ button next to the message template you want to remove.